Thursday, June 6, 2013

New Beginnings

Well we did it. We packed up our 20' U-Haul and... it didn't all fit. We said really hard good-byes and shared tears. We left an iPhone in Muncie (accidentally) and drove 8.5 hours to Warrensburg. We pulled into "my new campus house" (as Cadence says) – a new town in a new state. New job. New beginning.

Cadence wanted to load up his bag
I am not one to embrace change, it's a quality I don't think my husband enjoys much! But this move is something I have wanted for months. I wanted to move, to change my living situation. Shoot, I even bought new bedding! I knew that if I wanted our current circumstances to change, to be more positive, to see Josh enjoy a job again, we had to move.  So when that call came I was relieved.

I would like to say that I cried the whole way to Warrensburg dwelling on all that I left behind but I didn't. I still haven't cried and I hope I don't. Now don't get me wrong I left my best friends in Muncie, I left our first home, I left the place of our first ministry. My heart breaks when I think about the conversations I am missing out on. That's all true, but still I didn't cry. Instead, what I was thinking about was how in the world I would handle an even smaller town than Muncie (though there is a Sonic here!). I thought about how our lives are going to crazy-busy again (which I'm weirdly excited about). I thought about what our next home would be like. I thought about how I hoped someday we would bring another baby into this world but instead he/she would have a Missouri birth certificate. I thought about new beginnings.

So no, I don't always like change but I do know when I need it and when to embrace it.  I know that sometimes we need to wipe the slate clean. I know that over time I will become more positive and life can be "normal" again. I know that this isn't the last time we will get thrown a curve ball in life. But for today I get a new beginning and that is exciting!




No comments:

Post a Comment