Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A book review for Advent

Josh and I really wanted a book to read with Cadence for Advent and it's been almost impossible to find. So I finally got on Pinterest and searched for "Advent" I found this book:
Jesus the Storybook Bible

It was recommended because the first 25 stories go through the Old Testament and end with the Wise Men coming (when Jesus is two for all you who want it to be correct!). But what really caught my eye was the tagline for the book: "Every story whispers His Name." The stories are not shallow at all like many (most) children's Bibles. They explain the tough things in ways for little ones to understand. And then of course each story ends with how this all leads to Jesus coming and being our ultimate Rescuer.

I am super excited about this book and I want everyone to enjoy it too. Every time we get done with a story I always say "Man I love this book!" so even though we are only ten days from Christmas I encourage you to get this for your kids for the rest of the year and then read it for Advent next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment