Sunday, August 11, 2013

No Spend July with an update

Daddy's favorite team!
Well I had a "No Spend" post good to go, but my husband didn't edit it and then we moved so it didn't get posted! [editor's note: I have no memory of such a request. Carry on.] So here is how it went for us...

We weren't able to get all of our Emergency Fund finished but we were able to get most of it. Not spending was interesting; I'm hoping that next year when we do it I can be a little more diligent and organized. For instance, I think it would've helped a lot to get cash out for the whole month. Now don't get me wrong, we didn't spend anything – no eating out or do anything else that cost money. I just kind of felt weird when August 1 came and we ordered a pizza and there was no guilt with it!

Overall, I think it was a success and maybe we'll introduce a "no spend week" into other months, which will probably be easier since our lives are about to get crazy and we'll have little time anyway!


As for the update...

We are all moved into our rental house. It was a long two days as we emptied the Campus House apartment, cleaned it, unloaded it all into the new house and unpacked by ourselves. We were exhausted when my family showed up on Saturday to hang out for the weekend. But we have a house (with air conditioning!), fast internet and are no longer sharing a room with Cadence! Overall a successful move!

We are a few days from the student Leadership Team Retreat and then move in weekend. I think we are all ready for some craziness and for the real work to begin. We've had a wonderful summer of relaxing, learning and planning with the whole staff for the next year.

We have also made it to about $600 of the $1,000 a month we need support-wise.

If you are interested in reading about us, follow this link.

If you want to follow our Photostream, follow this link.

If you'd like to become investors in our ministry and add your financial support (one-time or regular), follow this link.
Watching the train

A lot has changed in our family this summer, but I think we've come to a place where we can have peace again.  A time when we can think about the past but not dwell on it. A time to dream about ministry again. A time to remember what God has truly done for us. A time to be a family and enjoy the small things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment