Wednesday, July 17, 2013

No Spend July Week 1

Well, after week one of No Spend July it's not been too bad.  I will admit I am a little tired of cooking, so we are going to look for some new stuff this week! I stayed in my tight budget for food and we've only had to put $10 worth of gas in the tank. We got propane for the grill but used a coupon – it's to hot to do all the cooking inside anyways.

Funny story (well now anyway), I needed a Happy Hour pick-me-up so I pulled into Sonic... and then remembered I couldn't get anything and drove right back out!

Also, we got really tired of being in our incredibly hot apartment, but we couldn't eat out or go do anything (not that there's much to do in Warrensburg anyway) so we drove down to Office Depot and looked at a few things on our home and work office lists, and then wandered around Wal-Mart for an hour... just to be in the a/c!

Lastly, I do have to admit one major purchase – we bought new phones.
Now hear me out and tell me you wouldn't have of done the same thing: First, Josh and I have been saving our allowance for new phones, so this was cash in our wallets – nothing was taken from the checking/savings account. Secondly Target was doing an awesome trade in deal: we'd get the trade-in price, plus additional target credit towards a new phone, and a $25 gift card after purchase! So I spent $5 plus tax on a new iPhone 5! Ha, that's right! You would've done the same thing. But hey, I was honest and told you we spent some money...

We'll see what the second week brings us. I know we won't be eating out again and not using the car and I will continue to delete my groupon emails!

How are you doing with no spend July??

No comments:

Post a Comment