Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thank you House

Josh and I have been married for five years and we have lived in five different places. That is a lot of boxes, moving trucks and good-byes. We are two weeks from our sixth move and even harder good-byes. The good-bye post will come later!

Throughout the years I have slowly become less and less attached to stuff, but there is one thing that is different this time. Our house. We bought our first house in Muncie. We brought a baby to this house. We cried, we fought, and watched our baby become a toddler. We opened our home to many dinners and late night movies and games. We have had "Hobbit" day. We have thrown 30th birthday surprises and well many other surprises. This house has seen heartache and joy with lots of laughter in the mix. This is the Casey house.

Josh told me the other day that he understood why I was going to miss the house and asked if he could help in any way with the process. Just so you know this was a big deal for me to hear. Unfortunately there isn't anything physically he can do, I have to be able to just remember the good and bad times. To cling to my memories and make new ones. So though I still have two weeks I want to say a goodbye to this house.

House on Berkley Avenue thank you! Thank you for being our first house. Thank you for being a flipped house so we didn't have to do any work! Thank you for letting me paint my babies room. House you have heard and seen a lot and lets just keep it between us! Thank you for being a house that we could make people  comfortable in. House you have truly been a memorable time in our lives, you will always be our first house that we bought on our own. I have prayed many times that you would be a blessing for another loving family. Continue to be a safe haven for others. Thank you House for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment